The Website and the Services are operated by BRE America, LLC, a California limited liability company with a mailing address at 1130 Fremont Boulevard, Suite 105-332, Seaside, CA 93955.
- Why we gather information about visitors to the Website and users of the Services
- What type of information we gather
- How We learn about visitors to the Website and users of the Services
- How We protect what We know about visitors to the Website and users of the Services
- How We use information gathered from Website visitors and users of the Services and what types of third parties with whom We may share such information
- How We use information gathered from Website visitors and users of the Services for Our own marketing purposes
- What privacy issues arise with links to other websites
- How You may review or request changes to Your personal information
- EU/US Privacy Shield Principles
- How to contact You or Us for information or to make a complaint
Why We gather information about You
We need to know some personal information about You to facilitate Customer Account enrollment processing, purchase orders, user-requested e-mails and newsletters, account maintenance, maintenance of the Website, and efficiency and effectiveness of the Services, all to better serve You. We may also need information from You and others to help Us verify Your identity in order to prevent fraud and ensure security.
What type of information We gather
We may collect and process the following data from and about visitors to the Website and users of the Services:
- Information collected as part of any registration or interaction with the Website or the Services, through information collection forms, or provided to Us in meetings, correspondence or over the telephone. This includes information included within comments that You post on the Website. The typical information We collect may include Your name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, company name, job title and other relevant contact details.
- Demographic information, such as information about Your industry sector, not personally identifiable to You. We may collect this information through various forms in various places on the Website.
- Information collected as part of Your visits to the Website and/or use of the Services.
- Details of Your use of products or services used in connection with the Website and/or the Services.
- Details of any e-mail correspondence or any other social media interactions that You have with Us.
- Cookie or other tracking information.
- Aggregate Data. In general, the Website automatically gathers certain usage information about the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website. We use such data only in the aggregate. This collected data helps Us to determine how much visitors use parts of the Website, so We can improve the Website for Your use. In addition, We may collect and aggregate non-personally identifiable data, provided by and collected from users of the Services during provision of the Services in order to improve the Services and assist with Our other internal and/or marketing efforts.
- IP Address. We may collect and track traffic by IP address. An IP address is a number assigned to Your computer or other device when You use Your browser on the Internet. We log this information, but this information is never linked to any personally identifying information. It is used to deterimine the number of visitors to the Website.
How We learn about You
We collect information You provide directly to Us. We collect such information when You fill out a form, sign up for an e-mail list to receive e-mail messages, updates and newsletters, request information or otherwise communicate with Us. To provide such services at Your request, We may collect Your name, e-mail address, postal mailing address, phone number and other basic account information required to perform the requested services.
You may choose whether or not to provide personal information to Us. If You choose not to provide the personal information We request, You may not be able to access or use portions of the Website and/or some of the Services. If You choose to have a contractual or other business relationship with Us, You will be required to provide personal information in connection with such relationship.
How We protect what We know about You
We treat what We know about You confidentially, and We take care in handling Your information. To prevent the unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction of data, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the correct use of information, We strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to secure the information We collect. The information We collect from You is stored on host servers located in the United States. We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure Your personal data. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge that Your use of the Website and the Services and the information You provide to Us is at Your own risk.
How We use what We know about You and categories of third-parties with whom We may share Your information
We may use anything We know about You to help Us serve You better. We use it and disclose it to others only to the extent legally authorized. We will not sell or rent Your personally identifiable information to anyone. We may use the information that We collect about you:
- to improve the Website, its content, the Services, to customize Your experience on the Website, or to provide You with specific content that is most relevant to You;
- to contact You with regard to Your use of the Website and/or the Services and, in Our discretion, to make changes to the Website, the Services or their policies;
- for Our internal business purposes;
- to provide You with information, products or services or to process transactions that You have requested or agreed to receive, including sending to You electronic newsletters or providing You with marketing or other materials;
- to enable You to participate in various features of the Website and/or to use the Services;
- to process Your Customer Account registration, including verifying that Your information is active and valid;
- to identify You as the author of any comments that You send to Us to be posted on the Website;
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer or other device;
- to provide You with information relating to any events held by Us, where You have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide You with access to Your personal Customer Account; and
- for Our own advertising and market research purposes in order to help make the Website and the Services more interesting and useful to You.
We may share Your information to the extent legally authorized with third party entities such as law enforcement or government entities as deemed necessary in order to:
- help Us prevent fraud, money laundering, and other crimes by verifying what We know about You;
- audit Our business;
- comply with current or future government regulations, including any such regulations for which You may not have received notice from the respective government agency.
Other than indicated above, We do not share any of Your personally identifiable information with third parties.
The Website and Services are not directed toward children less than 13 years of age, nor do We knowingly collect information from children under 13. If You are under 13, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to Us or via the use of the Website or the Services.
How We use Your information for Our own marketing purposes
We may use Your data to contact You by electronic means (e-mail), if requested by You, with information about products, events and services which may be of interest to You. We will provide You with an opportunity to opt-out from this should You not wish to continue to receive such information at any time.
What privacy issues arise with links other sites?
The Website contains links to other, non-BRE websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the privacy policies or contents of such sites.
What about Your own user-generated content?
How You may review or request changes to Your personal information
EU/US Privacy Shield
In compliance with Privacy Shield Principles, BRE America commits to investigate and expeditiously resolve complaints about its collection, use or storage of Your personal information, and commits to respond to any such complaints within 45 days of receiving the complaint. BRE America has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the JAMS EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework program, administered by an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States.
How to contact us for information or to make a complaint:
If We need to contact You, We will do so by any available method, including by e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided by You. You must notify Us if You change Your e-mail address or other contact information.
If You wish to contact Us for any further information or to make a complaint, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Effective Date: November 1, 2016